Thursday 3 October 2013

Dita Von Teese

BORN: September 28, 1972
BIRTHPLACE: Rochester, Michigan, USA
HEIGHT: 5'5"
LIVES IN: Hollywood, California
EYES: Green
BUST: 32 C
WAIST: 22 inches
WEIGHT: 105 pounds
SIBLINGS: Two sisters
FAVORITE CITY: Paris
FAVORITE MOVIE STAR: Betty Grable

I absolutely adore and love Dita Von Teese, she is a true modern day pin-up.
She is one of a kind - the biggest name in burlesque since Gypsy Rose Lee.
Dita is a fashion icon who brought back the glamour and allure of old Hollywood stars.
 
Born Heather Sweet, in Michigan, Dita grew up fascinated by Technicolor musicals, pin-up imagery, and vintage lingerie.
This naturally blond, mid-western girl then transformed herself into one of the glamour girls she grew up admiring.
Dita herself says "Beauty is what you make it, not what you are born with".
"I am a blond girl from a farming town in Michigan but I wanted to be perceived as glamorous and mysterious. I wanted to have people walk in the room and notice me, I wanted them to think that I was from another land" .
 
 
 
Dita is in demand all over the world as a performer and model - and is well known for her vintage looks and style.
She is perhaps best known for her cocktail glass show, in which she performs an old-fashioned strip tease and also for a show in which she bathes herself in an oversized Martini glass.
Her other shows include "Bird of Paradise",
"Powder Compact Show" and "The Opium Den".
 
A self-styled fashion icon, she has topped several international best dressed lists and has walked in various high profile fashion shows.
Dita has also brought her distinct style to the world of lingerie and designs her own vintage-inspired lingerie range.
Additionally she has her own lines of perfume and make-up and she has written several books relating to her style and performances - her new beauty book will be coming out at the beginning of 2014 (can't wait to get my hands on it!)
Dita describes herself as "very, very shy". Honestly though, she does not need to speak. She is able to communicate a demand for attention - like silent film star Dita Parlo, from whom she took her name - simply by the way she looks.
 
"I didn't feel I could be beautiful or special or mysterious or glamorous until I saw the images in the 1940's movies", she has said,
"and those sex goddesses - it's all created, it's not natural beauty. I saw and thought, I can't be Cindy Crawford, who is someone I think is really naturally beautiful, but I can paint my way to being Marlene Dietrich or Rita Hayworth".
Dita has been dedicated to such a look ever since she was a teen. You will never catch her in sweatpants, despite the fact that interviewers seem to want to insist that she must wear them sometimes.
No, NOT Dita - she is arguably the most glamorous woman in the world and that's why I love her!
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment